- Stop eating tons of squishy warm
white bread with giant chunks of butter before the meal comes.
- Always drink water; not Coke, juice or
- Sauce on the side (even the Hollandaise
sauce that comes with the egg’s Benedict at Chez Cora). A tablespoon of sauce is plenty.
- Grilled not fried.
- Think about how awesome it will
be to have the same restaurant meal for lunch the next day. When your meal arrives, push half of it
aside and save it for tomorrow.
- Salad dressing sauce on the
side too. Caesar salad is NOT a
- If dessert is what you are
craving after your meal, share it.
- It’s the sodium, white based carbohydrates and the saturated fat that make some restaurant
food unhealthy. Try to avoid it. Ask questions. In case your wondering, poutine has all 3!
- You can find something reasonably
healthy at any restaurant if you look hard enough.
- Don’t be shy to request a special
order. Meg Ryan wasn’t. Restaurants
are usually more than happy to oblige.
Remember they want your business!